Changes to Appointment System from 6th August 2018
As you may be aware, we have been looking at making changes to our appointment system as we have been struggling to cope with demand.
From 6th August 2018 - We will be trialling a new Doctor Triage/Telephone Call Back System. The main changes are:
- For all patients requiring advice/appointments on the day. please call the surgery between 8.30 – 12 pm (calls after this time will be for emergencies only)
- A Clinician will then call you back and arrange an appointment for that day or give advice, when required
- Some appointments in advance maybe available (dependent upon availability)
- If you require a home visit please contact the surgery between 08.30 and 10am
- From 6th August no walk in appointments will be available, PLEASE CONTACT THE SURGERY BY TELEPHONE.
Please call in at reception or telephone 583133 during surgery opening hours only. As Monday morning is the busiest time of the week, please avoid telephoning then for non-urgent appointments or results. It is usually much easier to telephone the surgery in the afternoon. Please make it clear if your problem requires urgent attention. If you are acutely ill you will always be seen on the same day but not necessarily by your own doctor.
Appointments can also be made online via SystmOnline. You will need to complete a registration form to receive a username and password to access this facility. Forms can be found in Reception, once completed please hand the form to a Receptionist, with one form of ID, who will then issue you with your unique user name and password. We are unable to offer this facility to anyone aged under 18 years of age.
For routine matters please arrange to see your own doctor who will know your medical history. Five-minute emergency appointments are available to discuss one problem only and, if necessary, will be made by the doctor following a telephone consultation.