2 full working days or longer is required for collection of repeat medication
Your repeat medication can be ordered by any of the following methods:
- Phone the surgery on 01945 583133
Select option 4, leave your message and dispensary will phone you back to take your order.
- Email the dispensary at: email@example.com
- Post your repeat slips in the white box next to the dispensary hatch
- Order online at: www.theclarksonsurgery.co.uk
Please remember to only order medication that is required and feel free to add any additional information/comments i.e. If you require home delivery or a specific day on which you would like to collect
For any further information or queries please speak to a member of our dispensing team.
Click here for information on NHS Prescription charges.
Click here for details of our dispensary
Patients on regular medication will require repeat prescriptions. For a safer, speedier service, repeat prescriptions are computerised. Your doctor will have entered onto a computer the medication you are taking and each time a new prescription is written by the computer, a new request form is also generated for you to make your request.
Requests for repeat prescriptions are not usually taken over the telephone unless you are a dispensing patient.
- Allow two working days for your prescription to be processed, if collected from the surgery
- Allow three working days for your prescription if it is sent to a local chemist for collection/delivery
- If you have more than one repeat prescription please try and order all your items together
- Either deliver or post your repeat prescription form to the surgery. We can send the prescription form to your home address but remember to enclose a stamped addressed envelope. Please note that you can also collect your prescription from the surgery. Repeat prescriptions are not available while attending emergency surgeries
- If you are receiving any medication which is not on your request form, please add this clearly on the request slip and this will be added after verification with the doctor
- Even if you never open them, once medicines have left the Dispensary they cannot be recycled or used by anyone else
- Please return any unused medicines for safe disposal
- If the pharmacy or hospital have dispensed your medications they can also be returned to the practice for safe disposal
- Unused medicines kept at home are a safety risk for children and others who might take them.
The Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) - A new way to get your medicines and appliances.
What does this mean for you?
If you collect your repeat prescriptions from your GP, you will not have to visit your GP Practice to pick up your paper prescription. Instead, your GP will send it electronically to the place you choose, saving you time.
You will have more choice about where to get your medicines from because they can be collected from a pharmacy near to where you live, work or shop.
You may not have to wait as long at the pharmacy as there will be time for your repeat prescriptions to be ready before you arrive.
Is this service right for you?
Yes, if you have regular monthly medication and you:
- Don’t want to come into the practice and collect your repeat prescription.
- Collect your medicines from the same place or use a prescription collection service now.
It may not be for you if you:
- Don’t have regular monthly prescriptions.
- Pick up your medicines from different places.
It is important to note that if you live more than 1 mile away from a local pharmacy then you will be able to collect your medication from the dispensary.
THIS SERVICE DOES NOT AFFECT ANY NEW OR CURRENT DISPENSING PATIENTS.
How can you use EPS?
You need to choose a place for us to electronically send your prescription to. This is called a nomination. You can choose:
- A pharmacy.
- A dispensing appliance contractor (if you use one).
Ask any pharmacy or dispensing appliance contractor that offers EPS or alternatively speak to a member of our dispensary to add your nomination. You don’t need a computer to do this.
Can I change my nomination or cancel it and get a paper prescription?
Yes you can. If you don’t want your prescription to be sent electronically please contact us. If you want to change or cancel your nomination speak to any pharmacist or dispensing appliance contractor that offers EPS. Tell us before your next prescription is due or your prescription may be sent to the wrong place.
Is EPS reliable, secure and confidential?
Yes. Your electronic prescription will be seen by the same people in our practice, pharmacies and NHS prescription payment and fraud agencies that see your paper prescription now.
For more information visit http://www.hscic.gov.uk/epspatients, your pharmacy or contact us directly on 01945 583133.